Chocolate Cupcakes with Buttercream (and Cream Cheese) Frosting
کاپ کیک شکلاتی با فراستینگ پنیری یا کره ای
chocolate in english ....... chokolat in german :D
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon espresso powder
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup boiling water
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick or 113 gram), softened
- 2½ cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream 35% or more
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 170º C.
- Place cupcake liners in muffin tray. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter. Beat on high speed for about 1 minute to add air to the batter.
- Evenly distribute cake batter. Each cupcake liner should be about ¾ths full.
- Place in the oven and bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
For the Buttercream Frosting:
- Cream together butter and ½ cup of confectioner’s sugar at a time. After each cup of sugar has been added, add vanilla and then beat on high for about 20 seconds to lighten the frosting.
- Add half-and-half, one tablespoon at a time until the buttercream has reached a consistency where it will hold it’s shape.
- Pour buttercream into a zip top bag. Using scissors, snip off a small piece from the corner of zip top bag. Gently squeeze frosting onto the cupcakes. Alternately, you can spread the frosting with a knife or offset spatula.