Raisin Bread

Raisin Bread


















Ingredients:


•1 package active dry yeast

•1/4 cup warm water

•1 cup raisins

•1/4 cup soft butter

•1/4 cup sugar

•1 1/2 teaspoons salt

•1/2 cup scalded milk

•3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

•2 eggs, beaten

Preparation:
Dissolve yeast in warm water and wait for 10 minutes . Combine raisins, butter, sugar, salt, and hot milk; stir to dissolve the sugar in a large bowl. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the flour into ; beat well. Add yeast mixture and the beaten eggs; mix to blend well. Add enough of the remaining flour to make a soft but stiff dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes, until dough is smooth and elastic. Place dough in a lightly buttered bowl, turning once to grease the surface. Cover with a clean dish cloth; let stand in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours. Punch dough down and divide into 2 portions. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Shape into 2 loaves; place in 2 greased 8x4x3-inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise again for about 45 to 60 minutes, until almost double. Bake at 220° C for 25 minutes, placing foil over loaves the last 10 minutes, if loaves are getting too brown. Remove loaves from pans and let cool on racks.

reference, http://southernfood.about.com/od/yeastbreads/r/bl40210c.htm



No comments:

About Me

I'm Proshat, the queen behind Proshat Kitchen. I've never attended a cooking class, although I'd love to. My cooking knowledge mostly comes from my lovely mom, a master chef in our family, and also leaning by doing. I really love this wonderful science and I'm still fascinated by it. I’m a senior researcher in energy and economy, recently finished my Ph.D. So I am not an expert cook, please do not refer my blog as a professional source. I start blogging as a way to keep track of my progress in the kitchen and to get rid of the pile of printed recipes with hand written notes. I mostly write about my general experiences and my baking adventures. I love trying new combos in our everyday bread. On my blog you will find lots of classic recipes with a personal touch. Except my husband, a couple of close friends are my main testers. Love you all!! If you have a recipe you'd like me to feature on my blog, drop me a line. I would also love to hear your thoughts. I'm so happy you took the time to visit my blog; it means so much to be. Hope you'll visit again soon :) Love, Proshat

Search This Blog